Friday 15 September 2023

Segovia to Nieva 38km

. Left at 0730 and artist 1530.  I ate at Munoz 2 last night that is just 50m up the road from the Hostal. Not as expensive as the main tourist places down the road. I also introduced the waiter called Cesar to the SayHi app. Quite intense thunderstorms last night but all dry again by morning. I could see rain in the distance north of me but it kept moving away. In fact stayed dry until I arrived at the AirBnB place when we got a little bit of rain. Lovely simple walk today that started with a bit of a surprise as I heard the roar of modern day dragons behind me as hot air balloons started lifting off apparently from within the city. Track was well marked and it stayed partly cloudy most of the way which was a relief given the flat stretches that this stage involves. That said there were a few pine forests being harvested and this was the first time I have noticed mistletoe on pine trees. No services on the way but the bar in SMlRdN was open so I stopped for a beer and a snack. There is a local store as well but it was closed. Quite surprisingly there was a Pharmacy open in Nieva. The place I am staying is convenient for me as I wanted somewhere beyond SMlRdN. If is a bit hippy dippy with composting toiles and rustic huts but it has the key requirements and they offer a meal. However, expensive at 40 euros. I’ve stayed in much better albergues. Not sure about tomorrow yet. Coca is too close at 20km. Alcazaren is OK at 45kns if the weather is ok. Other alternative is Villeguillo but not sure of the services there. I will decide on the way - may the Camino provide. 

No comments:

Post a Comment