Monday 25 September 2023

Robles I de Oman’s (La Magia del las Nubes) to Fasgar 26kms

Stayed at Laura and Anna’s place last night as planned and saw little point in them having to get going early to take me back to Riello. So I checked on Mapy.cz and there seems to be a good track to El Castillo which is on route to Fasgar so I took that this morning. It was a lovely route and quite easy to follow. The only slight hiccup was at Santibanez de Arienza where there were 8 large and very barky dogs in the road. I just kept walking and waved my hiking stick ( it’s about the only time I ever use it!) and the more determined ones. They have in after about 100m but if you do not like dogs they could be a problem. The rest of the way was a gradual climb through lots of little places following the valley up to Fasgar.  In the Albergue now, with another Spanish pilgrim. Unfortunately, the bar next door that is supposed to at least rolls has no food as they have no bread!! It looks like tuna agin tonight. Off to Iguena tomorrow. Only 19km but over the 2nd highest pass on the Camino and little choice afterwards. I walked over what is supposed to be the highest when I walked the Madrid into Segovia a few days back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment