Wednesday 27 September 2023

Iguena to Congosto 35km

A very pleasant and simple walk today with lots of very grand sweet chestnuts trees, holly oaks and cork bark oaks. A few ups and downs but nothing overly significant. I lets about 45 mins before sunrise when there was adequate light to walk by as I wanted to try to complete the day without too much full sunshine. As it happens this got me up the to of the first hill to be able to see the sun rise. Congosto is a relatively small town with a good Albergue but the only bar does not make meals. However, they do have the Spanish equivalent of pasties so I’m ok. Off to Villafranca tomorrow which is the formal end of the Olvidado and then back to the crowds on the Frances for the last 5 days of so. 


As always I used Enders Wikiloc tracks, the way markers and mapy. Normally this mostly coincide and any differences are less than a km different. However, this was not the case today. Just after Quintana de Fuseros the way markers and Wikiloc took a right turn and then drifts across a few places and heads to Noceda. No idea why as the mapy option look much better and head s more directly to Labaniego.  It certainly appears better if like me you intend to carry on to Congosto. As I followed Enders track and then took an alternate route to join the Camino at Atlanta. 

No comments:

Post a Comment