Monday 11 September 2023

Madrid Day 1. 11 September 23

 Camino Blog

Started well with the flight being on time. Landed in terminal T4s which meant a short ‘train’ ride to the exit. Found the way to the RENFE station ok and managed to negotiate the ticket machine with no major hiccups!  Expected to get line C1 to Chamartin and the change to C4 for Sol. However, when I got off at Chamartin it turns out there are works going on so I could not change lines there. Found out I should have stayed on the first train until Nuevos Ministerios and then changed for Sol. At least I found my way in the end. Then a short walk to Iglesia Santiago y San Juan Bautista and a wait until 1800 for it to open. Turns out there is a Camino marker and map for the Camino in the square outside the church now. After getting my credencial stamped at the church I had a short 10 km stroll to my first nights accommodation along the Camino at Hostal Royal Begona. I mostly followed a Wikiloc track as the Camino passes within about 200m of the room. It was a simple enough stroll, although I am no fan of cities. Saw a couple of other Camino markers on the way but nothing consistent. Off to Gran Hostal El Chiscón at Colmenar Viejo tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment