Saturday 16 September 2023

Nieva to Villeguillo 28kms.

Lovely clear morning again and a very well marked way. Mostly through pine forests which gave plenty of shade. However, the ground is sand so not the best of surfaces for long walks. Go to Coca at 1130 and had a choice of at least 3 bars for coffee. Then carried on towards Villeguillo. Still undecided whether to stop there of not. However, when I arrived the Bar Social was open (it closes 1600 to 1900) and they confirmed they would do food that night. The albergue key holder’s address is on the bar door. Had a small beer and a snack while checking the rain radar. I felt plenty strong enough to walk the additional 17kms and it looked like the rain would stay away for a couple of hours. I set off towards Alcazaren but it started to rain lightly after 20 mins. Left me in a quandary. Turn back or go on?  I turned back as I new there was a good albergue there with a place to eat and I did not want to have to walk another 17km in the rain. Plus it’s a bit early for 40km plus day. The albergue here is very pleasant. Simple but well maintained with a fridge and microwave. Also the bar social was very welcoming. Probably off to Puente Duero tomorrow. No Wi-Fi here so not uploading photos- nothing special in any case. 

No comments:

Post a Comment