Sunday 24 September 2023

La Robla to Riello via La Magdalena 34kms


Started at around 0645 this morning as I had to be at Riello no later than 1530 when Laura and Ana finished work. There were a few hills on the way so I wanted to ensure I had ample time. That said, I got here at 1330. It was a great walk today and the weather stayed fine. However, it was only 2 degrees when I left. The walk from LR to LM was very simple and a fairly constant uphill gradient until the final section that heads down to LM. Mostly on or near the road but I did not see a vehicle the whole way. After that it gets really interesting as there are quite a few ups and downs and gets to 1298m at its highest point. Great tracks with lots of variety and fantastic scenery. Reminds me of what the Camino is about for me. Off to Fasgar tomorrow but not sure what time I’ll get to start as I need the ladies to give me a lift back to Riello when they go to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment