Monday 30 September 2019

Vegacervera to Poladura Via Buiza

Vegacervera to Poladura Via Buiza 27km
I had lunch in the Restaurant El Molino  in Vegacervera and a large roll in the evening and the owner was very helpful and friendly.  It was a fine start again this morning with a steady hike up to Coladilla, which evidently is famous for it sheep’s yogurt.  Unfortunately, I’ve not been able to buy any yet. The camino has been diverted off of the road from here and now it’s a lovely stroll through high pastures. The last stretch of this section into Valle de Vegacervera follows a very old path between dry stone walls. Unfortunately, many of the rocks have fallen off of the top of the walls onto the path that makes walking quite difficult. However, you can simply use the fields to the left for most of the way. The way continues along a very quiet road into Ciñera and then heads off road. This section is another spectacular route and has a part that is very steep heading down to a narrow way through a gorge. Quite vertiginous and it would be dangerous in the wet. Thereafter, it’s another quiet stroll to Buiza. At Buiza I had expected some sort of marker to show the junction of the Camino Olvidado and the San Salvador but I saw nothing.  The way was well marked again and from here I’ll continue onto Poladura on the Salvador. I’ll start a new thread for that in the Salvador section. 
The first section of this walk is in my ‘live’ thread in the Camino Olvidado section of the forum. 
I got into Buiza just before 1200 and thought I would see some clear marker to designate the meeting of the 2 caminos but saw  nothing. However, there was a very clear sign for the San Salvador. This was the first obvious difference to the Olvidado which being a relatively unknown route has less regular camino signs. The first part of the 10km to Poladura is persistently uphill with a simple to follow track and the second section is persistently down. Lovely hike on what is again a beautiful blue sky day.  Arrived into Poladura and decided to stay at the Casa Rural Posada. It’s a little expensive at 42 euros but it is full today. Strangely, the Albergue is empty at the moment. I had a look and it’s fine. 12 cosy bunk beds, and there is a kitchen and the usual facilities. There some confusion about the correct phone number for the Albergue and that maybe why it is empty. However, I’m told, by my camino hero Laurie (who was told by another very reliable camino hero called Enders (who was very influential in getting the Olvidado know) that the correct number is 606 104 889! Currently, there are more than 6 peregrinos sitting in the garden here and up to now I’ve only seen 2 Spanish peregrinos since I left Bilbao 12 days ago. Plan to go to Pola de Lena tomorrow. I

No comments:

Post a Comment