Friday 4 October 2019

Salas to Samblismo 38km

Sunrise is getting later and there is only just enough light to start walking at 0800 if like this morning there are no city lights. Tried to explain to the 2 perigrinos I passed as we left Salas that they would be better off switching off their head lights and allowing their night vision to compensate them they would see all around them instead of just their cone of light. Their lights were like car headlights and spoilt my night vision until I could get more than 200m past them. The day was overcast and cloudy which added to the gloom.  In fact it stayed misty all day except when the path dropped a bit lower occasionally to get below the mist. At times the mist was so heavy water was dropping out of it! Visibility dropped to less than 50m at times so I have no idea what the scenery was like. However, it was a good track with a bit of a climb from Salas and little time on tarmac. A farmer that I passed just after El Espin said something to me and I first thought he was saying something about Boris (as in Johnson) and wondered what he had done now to catch the attention of a Spanish farmer. However, I soon realised he was asking if I was stopping at Borres or Campiello! I said no and he then asked what route I was taking tomorrow and I explained it depended on the weather. He then assured me tomorrow would be fine. Choice tomorrow is either the the lowerish Pola route or the Hospitalis route that goes past 2 very old pilgrim stops. I plant to take the Hospitalis ( of course!), but in the end it’s weather dependent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment