Wednesday 16 October 2019

Camino 19 Summary

780kms in total for the Camino Olvidado to Buiza, then the San Salvador to Oviedo and finally the Primitivo to SdC. In truth, 22 days was a little short as I was just getting into the camino feel. Interestingly, it seems I am tending to walk further each day now. My first Camino was an average of around 25kms and now its nearer 40kms!

The Olvidado was excellent and the San Salvador was fine as a linking camino but nothing outstanding. The Primitivo felt akin to the Frances 10 years ago. Plenty of places to stay and eat and enough people to be companionable without being too busy. However, the last stretch on the Frances was a busy and annoying as I expected!

Enjoyed my time in SdC again and the San Martin Pinario (reservas@sanmartinpinario.eu) was excellent - sparse but clean and the food (especially the breakfast) was lovely. Must revisit the Colmado deli (same street as the bakers I used to use) next time…….

No comments:

Post a Comment