Wednesday 2 October 2019

Pola de Lena to Oviedo 32kms

Overcast at the start but fortunately the rain stayed away despite lots of people carrying umbrellas! The route from PdL is fairly dull at the start as it’s along the road. However, I’m moves onto an extremely popular walking path which goes most of the way to Mieres. After leaving Mieres the path gets back onto one of the sende verde and it’s a rewarding walk to Oviedo with a couple of small hills on the way. Fortunately, this nice track takes you to within about 5 km of the city before you get the first sighting of it and to within 2km before you reach the really built up part. All of today’s route was very well marked up until the last 500m or so as you head for the cathedral. Unfortunately, I got there just after it closed at 1330. However, I’m told it will reopen at 1600 so I can get my sello then. Staying in an Airbnb room tonight that’s 5 min from the cathedral. Off to the camino Primitivo tomorrow so I’ll start a new thread in that part of the forum. Very glad I walked the San Salvador as it was a good way to join the Olvidado to the Primitivo. However, in terms of experiences and outstanding scenery the Olvidado stands out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment