Monday 1 May 2017

ET to Don Fadrique via Quintanar 26kms

Just a short note about El Toboso. Overall, I think the Hostel Don Quijote is best avoided. It is expensive, both for the bed and the food and the standard is poor considering the price. I would suggest that others first try the convent. If that is not possible or not your favourite option there are 2 Casa Rurals signed outside the village.  Only about 1km from the Hostel and right on the Camino. One called Casa del Cominco the Amendros with phone numbers of 678694498 and 615960618. 


Later start than normal today as it was a short hike. Sky was clear blue and the sun was shining. A bit chilly but lovely all the same.  Decided to take the route via Quintanar as it was only about 3 km extra. The route out of ET was well marked and one of the nicest paths so far. Rest of the way to DF was simply and flat. Didn't need a map as the way was obvious. When I found the way the the Rincon del Infante I was met in the plaza by the owner and I them realised what he had been trying to say on the phone. Its fiesta day and I arrived 5 mins before the  procession came into the square! I thought he said something about 'festa' when I phoned. Probably good job I booked via booking.com as I'm not sure otherwise they would have been taking bookings! Juan was extremely helpful. It took 3 beers, some cheese, crisps and mussels as well as a lot of info before I got to my room. No criticism meant- he was just very welcoming to a peregrino and the washing was still included. Even though he was at great pains to explain to me that it was going to cost me 5 euros more because I used Booking.com! Lovely place and a must stop for the Camino. 

1 comment:

  1. Really appreciate reading your recommendations for accommodations!

    ReplyDelete