Tuesday 2 May 2017

Don Fadrique to Tembleque 30kms

Left at 0730 and arrived at 1300. Slightly later start than normal as Juan the hospitiler at Rincon del Infante insisted on giving me breakfast! Toast, marmalade, fruit,cake and coffee. Then insisted I took some fruit juice, fruit as well as ham and bread with me! Felt like a child leaving home. It was a beautiful morning and the clouds just breaking up as I left.  It turned into a lovely clear blue sky day and by the time I arrived it was about 25 degs. Route was simple, mostly flat and it was well marked. Juan had drawn me an alternative map to show an option to save 3km by walking alongside the road for longer. Nice thought, but I would happily walk an extra 3 km or more to avoid the road. If it was a 40km day then maybe I would choose differently. Hotel Pasada is to the right just as you enter town so easy to find. Have a large, clean room with a bath and a shower for 20 euros inc breakfast. Took a short walk around to find lunch and it is a pretty well cared for town. 

Tomorrow I plan to got to Mora as there is evidently a good place to stay called El Toledano. This way I can avoid having to stay in Almonacid de Toledo which has a bad reputation and go direct to Toledo the next day. The day after also looks like a variation as I am told that beds in Noves are extremely limited so instead I will probably head for Torrijos which should be about 34kms and then the next day head for Escalona ( about 27 kms) or go on to Cadalso which would be about 45 kms. The choice will depend on how I feel and what the weather is like!

No comments:

Post a Comment