Friday 29 September 2023

Villafranca to Hospital day Condesa via O’Cebreiro 34km

Left a little earlier this morning as I woke up at 0630 and was not sure where the day would end. A lot of road walking but by a river as well. Overall, quite pleasant. The clump up to O’C is supposed to be the longest of all the Caminos and it is quite a slog. It’s about 8kms uphill with an elevation gain of about 800m. And it was hot today. Still, got to the top OK and averaged 5.4km per hour since Villafranca so I was surprised by that as I thought it would be lower. Did not want to stay in OC not least because the Albergue there has 110 beds and the whole place would be crowded. Stopped at the next place, 3.4km down the road- Linares, but there were no beds anywhere. So walked on another 2.4km to Hospital da Condesa where there is a municipal Albergue ( so they cannot be booked) and I was only the second person there of 18 beds. I knew there was no bar or anything so I stocked up on the way. And Sod’s Law it turns out there is a bar and they do meals. However, the latest is 1600. Off to Sarria tomorrow, about 34km. 

No comments:

Post a Comment