Thursday 28 September 2023

Olvidado Summary

 A very short summary of my partial Camino Olvidado from La Robla (I walked the other half pre Covid when I then walked up the Salvador and onto the Primitivo) I still consider the Olvidado to be the best as far as the scenery and experience goes. I’ve walked around 10 others so far. However, if the Olvidado really is the gain greater popularity then it is essential that somehow they improve the services and bars/food so it coincides with more of the Albergues. I stayed in some great places and met some wonderful people but I did get a bit bored with my limited, although adequate, menus. There were few bars open on the way during the day, except for one place today that had 3 bars open all within a 100m of each other! Personally, I prefer the empty Caminos but it’s not good for the local prosperity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment