Friday 22 April 2016

Castilblanco to Almadena 29km

Earlier start than intended this morning as lots of people started getting up at 0600! Unfortunately, non had prepared the night before so lots of noise, chatting and torches. They need a lesson on my and Ian's AdP morning routine! So I got up and walked out quickly. First bar was open but already had a few pilgrims in and with one lady serving, inc sandwiches it was not going to be quick. So I went on and luckily there was another bar open so I could get a caffeine fix.  Thereafter a straightforward 29km and I arrive at Almaden de la Plata at 1230 after leaving at 0700. First 16km was next to the road but not busy and a it was before sunrise lots of birds to listen too. After that walked through a national park with lots of cork oaks, pines and loads of lavender! Rivers have been a bit high so I was glad of the stepping stones. Last few Kms was a little tough as there was a very step climb at the end. Still all safe in the AdP now and feet holding up. Good as it may be 38kms tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment